All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn international team of authors explores the impact of the Oxford Movement on the Church and religious life beyond England.
- Author BiographyStewart J. Brown is Professor of Ecclesiastical History at the University of Edinburgh. He is the author or editor of ten books, including Providence and Empire: Religion, Politics and Society in the United Kingdom 1815-1914 (2008), The Cambridge History of Christianity, Vol. VII: Enlightenment, Reawakening and Revolution 1660-1815 (co-edited with Timothy Tackett, Cambridge University Press, 2006), The National Churches of England, Ireland and Scotland 1801-46 (2001) and Thomas Chalmers and the Godly Commonwealth in Scotland (1982). Dr Peter B. Nockles is curator and librarian in the department of Printed Books, Special Collections, John Rylands University Library, University of Manchester, and Research Fellow in Religions and Theology, University of Manchester. He is the author of The Oxford Movement in Context (Cambridge University Press, 1994).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byPeter B. Nockles,Stewart J. Brown
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.80Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.