All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe PLC Book is written specifically for teachers, and articulates the essential elements and process of PLC work and how they can collaboratively achieve improved student learning.
- Author BiographyNancy Fichtman Dana is currently Professor of Education in the School of Teaching and Learning at the University of Florida, Gainesville, and has been studying practitioner inquiry for the last twenty years. During this time, she has developed and taught classes on practitioner research for undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students, coached the practitioner research of numerous educators from various districts across the nation, as well as published nine books and over 50 book chapters and articles in professional journals focused on teacher and principal professional development and practitioner inquiry. Diane Yendol-Hoppey is the Director of the Benedum Collaborative and a Professor of Education at West Virginia University. The Benedum Collaborative is one of the oldest school/university partnerships in the nation. Diane spent the first thirteen years of her career in education teaching in Pennsylvania and Maryland. In her work at Penn State, the University of Florida, and West Virginia University, Diane focuses on job-embedded teacher professional development and the cultivation of teacher leadership. Her research explores how powerful vehicles for teacher professional development including teacher inquiry, professional learning communities, and coaching/mentoring can support school improvement. She has authored numerous studies which have appeared in such journals as Teachers College Record and Journal of Teacher Education. She is coauthor (with Nancy Fichtman Dana) of three books, The Reflective Educator's Guide to Classroom Research: Learning to Teach and Teaching to Learn through Practitioner Inquiry, The Reflective Educator's Guide to Professional Development: Coaching Inquiry-Oriented Learning Communities and The Reflective Educator's Guide to Mentoring: Strengthening Practice through Knowledge, Story, and Metaphor, all from Corwin Press.
- Author(s)Diane Yendol-Hoppey,Nancy Fichtman Dana
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication22/12/2015
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight227 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.