All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReconstructs the intellectual climate of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries to illuminate the intricate ideological transformation that occurred, wherein the pursuit of material interests - so long condemned as the deadly sin of avarice - was assigned the role of containing the unruly and destructive passions of man.
- Author BiographyAlbert O. Hirschman (1915-2012) was one of the leading intellectuals of the twentieth century, renowned for his contributions to economics, the social sciences, and the history of ideas. He is the author of many books, including the influential Exit, Voice, and Loyalty and The Strategy of Economic Development.
- Author(s)Albert O. Hirschman
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication06/10/2013
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitlePrinceton Classics
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight199 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byAmartya Sen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £48.11Trending at £50.13
- £33.00Trending at £60.00
- £34.69Trending at £40.45
- £39.99Trending at £41.21
- £9.78Trending at £10.99
- £14.25Trending at £14.69
- £15.90Trending at £16.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.