All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe nation's longest-serving attorney general tells the story of a life that spanned two centuries and a career that helped transform consumer protection and public interest law.
- Author BiographyFrank J. Kelley served as Michigan's 50th attorney general. His 37 years in office, from 1962 to 1999, made him both the youngest (37 years old) and oldest (74 years old) attorney general in the state's history, and led to his nickname, the Eternal General. He still holds the record as the longest-serving state attorney general in U.S. history. Kelley was the first state attorney general to establish both a consumer protection and environmental protection division. After his retirement from government, he co-founded Kelley Cawthorne, a prominent governmental affairs and law firm in Lansing, Michigan. Jack Lessenberry is head of the journalism faculty at Wayne State University in Detroit, the senior political analyst for Michigan Radio, as well as host of the half-hour public affairs program Deadline Now on WGTE-TV in Toledo, Ohio. He has had a long career in both print and broadcast media and won a 1994 National Emmy award for a documentary on Dr. Jack Kevorkian.
- Author(s)Frank J. Kelly,Jack Lessenberry
- PublisherWayne State University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- Language(s)English & English
- GenreBiography: General
- Series TitlePainted Turtle
- Place of PublicationDetroit, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWayne State University Press
- Content Note42 illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £11.18Trending at £13.69
- £13.58Trending at £26.35
- £9.63Trending at £10.53
- £5.57Trending at £5.88
- £7.83Trending at £8.42
- £7.30Trending at £14.31
- £8.57Trending at £9.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.