All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the emergence of a permanent campaign - the need for constant readiness - on networked communication platforms, focusing on political moments, crises and elections in Canada, the USA, and Australia. This book chapters investigate the proliferation of new political actors and communicators.
- Author BiographyGreg Elmer (PhD, University of Massachusetts) is Bell Globemedia Research Chair, Associate Professor of Radio TV Arts, and Director of the Infoscape Research Lab at Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada. He is coauthor of Infrastructure Critical (with A. Renzi, 2012), Preempting Dissent (with A. Opel, 2008), and author of Profiling Machines: Mapping the Personal Information Economy (2004). Ganaele Langlois (PhD, York University) is Assistant Professor in the Communication Program at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology and Associate Director at the Infoscape Centre for the Study of Social Media. Her research focuses on the intersection between software, capitalism, subjectivity, and language, and is influenced by software studies and autonomist theories. Her articles have been published in Culture Machine, Fibreculture, New Media & Society, and the Canadian Journal of Communication. Fenwick McKelvey (PhD, York-Ryerson University) is Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Communication at the University of Washington. His research questions the relationship between communication and control in digital media. He explores this relationship through studies of Internet routing algorithms and, more recently, political campaign management software.
- Author(s)Fenwick McKelvey,Ganaele Langlois,Greg Elmer
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication21/11/2012
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleDigital Formations
- Series Part/Volume Number81
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.96Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £4.53Trending at £6.44
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £6.75Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.