All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most versatile of Roman poets, Catullus wrote verse of an almost unparalleled diversity and stylistic agility, from the brevity of the epigram to the sustained elegance of the elegy.
- Author BiographyVery little is kown about Gaius Valerius Catullus, though he was probably born around 84BC. he writes as a friend of Cicero and other leading figures, and appears as a leader of the new movement in poetry and a lover of the notorious Clodia Metelli, who was probably the Lesbia of the poems. He strated writing in 69 or 68 and died around 54BC. Peter Whigham taught on verse composition at the University of California, but was essentially a poet full-time. Other publications include The Blue Winged Bee and ASTAPOVO or What We Are To Do. He died in 1987.
- Author(s)Gaius Valerius Catullus
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2004
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight191 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byPeter Whigham
- Translated byPeter Whigham
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.27Trending at £7.63
- £7.26Trending at £8.01
- £8.77Trending at £9.17
- £6.42Trending at £6.67
- £4.00Trending at £6.89
- £12.49Trending at £12.98
- £7.00Trending at £8.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.