All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe volume addresses the political economy of privatization in advanced democracies in the last 30 years.
- Author BiographyHerbert Obinger is a Professor of Comparative Public and Social Policy at the University of Bremen. He studied Political Science and Economics in Vienna and Bern and received a PhD in Political Science from Vienna University. He was a visiting Fellow at Harvard University, visiting Professor at Jacobs University Bremen and Vienna University, and part-time Professor at the University of Southern Denmark. Carina Schmitt is Assistant Professor at the Center for Social Policy Research at the University of Bremen. She studied Political Science and History in Mainz and received her PhD at the University of Mannheim in 2011. In July 2013, she finished her habilitation with the thesis on the diffusion and convergence of economic and social policies in OECD-countries. During her research stay at Harvard University in 2013/14 she worked on social protection in developing countries. In particular, she focused on the influence of colonialism on the emergence of the welfare state. Carina is mainly working in the field of international political economy and comparative social policy research. Stefan Traub holds a chair in Behavioural Economics at Helmut-Schmidt-University Hamburg. Previously, he held a Chair in Public Economics at University of Bremen's Centre for Social Policy Research. Jointly with Herbert Obinger, he co-directed the research project The Retreat of the State from Entrepreneurial Activities: Privatization Policy and Cutback of Subsidies in the OECD World, 1980-2010 funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). His main research interests are the provision of public goods, distributional justice, and behavioural economics.
- Author(s)Carina Schmitt,Herbert Obinger,Stefan Traub
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width167 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £48.23Trending at £50.45
- £25.56Trending at £28.50
- £30.28Trending at £33.42
- £39.99Trending at £41.48
- £15.90Trending at £16.55
- £8.84Trending at £9.66
- £8.99Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.