All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrings together studies of contemporary and historical exhibitions and contends that exhibitions are never, and never have been, above politics. This title charts the relationship between displays and their audience and analyzes the consequent shift in styles of representation towards interactive, multimedia and reflexive modes of display.
- Author BiographySharon Macdonald is lecturer in Social Anthropology at the University of Sheffield. She is author of Remaining Culture (1997), editor of Inside Identities (1993) and co-editor of Theorizing Museums (1996) and The Sociological Review.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/12/1997
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleHeritage: Care-Preservation-Management
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 line figures, 15 b&w photographs
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited bySharon Macdonald
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.83Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.