All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- DescriptionFrom sixteenth-century Geneva to urban developments in Mecca today, The Politics of Iconoclasm offers a bold and original history of image-breaking and of the culture of violence and its paradoxical roots in the desire for renewal.
- Author BiographyJames Noyes completed his PhD at the University of Cambridge on a comparative study of Christian and Islamic iconoclasm. He has taught at the Department of Theology and Religious Studies at the University of Nottingham and at the Institut d'Etudes Politiques - Sciences Po Paris, and is part of the international 'Iconoclasms Network' supported by the University of Birmingham.
- Author(s)James Noyes
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTauris Academic Studies
- Content Note20 bw integrated illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.