All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection brings together internationally-renowned experts to offer a comprehensive review of how politics shapes inclusive development in the global south. Each aspect of development is covered: social, economic, environmental and cultural, with each substantive chapter offering a systematic review of the evidence in the relevant field.
- Author BiographySam Hickey is Professor of Politics and Development. He is the joint Director of Research within the DFID-funded Effective States and Inclusive Development (ESID) Research Centre and Associate Director of the Brooks World Poverty Institute. His research examines the politics of development and poverty reduction, with specific reference to sub-Saharan Africa, and has been has published extensively in the leading development studies journals. This includes work on natural resource governance, social exclusion and adverse incorporation, citizenship and participation, social movements and NGOs, the politics of social protection, and the use of political analysis in international development. Kunal Sen is Professor of Development Economics and Associate Director of the Brooks World Poverty Institute. His research is on the political economy determinants of inclusive development, particularly within the DFID-UK funded Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre, based in the University of Manchester, of which he is the Joint Research Director. Professor Sen's most recent books are State-Business Relations and Economic Development in Africa and India (Routledge 2012) and Trade Policy, Inequality and Performance in Indian Manufacturing (Routledge 2008). He has also published over 60 articles in leading economics and development journals and won the Sanjaya Lall Prize in 2006 and Dudley Seers Prize in 2003 for his publications Badru Bukenya is a development analyst and practitioner. He completed his PhD at the Institute of Development Policy and Management (IDPM) and he worked as a Research Associate with the Effective States and Inclusive Development Centre (ESID), both at the University of Manchester. He is a lecturer in the department of Social Work and Social Administration at Makerere University Kampala. He has previously worked with Uganda's largest NGO called The AIDS Support Organisation (TASO). His research focuses on the politics of civil society, service delivery, social protection, state building, and citizenship formation in Africa.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/12/2014
- GenreEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note7 Figures, 13 Tables
- Weight772 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byBadru Bukenya,Kunal Sen,Sam Hickey
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £40.26Trending at £49.44
- £15.65Trending at £17.81
- £5.91Trending at £6.20
- £9.30Trending at £10.12
- £12.77Trending at £14.43
- £7.39Trending at £7.77
- £6.60Trending at £6.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.