All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume examines why democratization and military reforms stagnate in newly democratizing countries. It blends historical, ideational, cultural and structural explanatory factors to analyze the trajectories of military reform in Indonesia and Nigeria.
- Author BiographyJurgen Ruland is Professor at the Department of Political Science, University of Freiburg, Germany, and Chairman of the university's Southeast Asian Studies Program. He has published extensively on Southeast Asian politics and security issues in journals such as the European Journal of International Relations, Journal of European Public Policy, The Pacific Review, Pacific Affairs, Asian Survey, International Relations of the Asia-Pacific, Contemporary Southeast Asia, European Journal of East Asian Studies, Asia Europe Journal and Security Dialogue. He is co-author of Parliaments and Political Change in Asia (2005), and co-editor of Asian Security Reassessed. Contemporary Policies and New Challenges (2006). Maria Gabriela Manea is a Lecturer at the Department of Political Science, University Freiburg, Germany. Her publications appeared in The Pacific Review and Cooperation and Conflict. Hans Born is a Senior Fellow at the Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF), Geneva, Switzerland, where he heads the DCAF's research working groups on Parliamentary Accountability of the Security Sector and Legal Aspects of Security Sector Governance. He co-authored Security Sector Reform in Transitional Societies (2002), Parliamentary Oversight of the Security Sector: Principles, Mechanisms and Practices (2003) and The Double Democratic Deficit : Parliamentary Accountability and the Use of Force under International Auspices (2004).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication04/09/2012
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleGlobal Power Shift
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note13 black & white tables, biography
- Weight542 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDr Hans Born,Jurgen Ruland,Maria-Gabriela Manea
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.