All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Politics of Possession investigates how struggles over access to resources and political power constitute property and authority recursively. Such dynamics are integral to state formation in societies characterized by normative and legal pluralism.
- Author BiographyThomas Sikor is Senior Lecturer in the School of Development Studies at the University of East Anglia, UK. His research focuses on rural property and resource governance, with a geographical emphasis on post-socialist countries. He has authored more than 30 journal articles, is the editor of Public and Private in Natural Resource Governance (2008) and has guest-edited special issues of World Development (2009), Development and Change (2009), Forest Policy and Economics (2006) and Conservation and Society (2004). Christian Lund is Professor in International Development Studies at Roskilde University, Denmark. He is the author of Local Politics and the Dynamics of Property in Africa (2008) and Law, Power, and Politics in Niger - Land Struggles and the Rural Code (1998). He is the editor and co-editor of Twilight Institutions: Public Authority and Local Politics in Africa (2007), and Negotiating Property in Africa (2002).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2009
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleDevelopment and Change Special Issues
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight346 g
- Width161 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byChristian Lund,Thomas Sikor
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
- £9.54Trending at £11.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.