All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContends that democracy - along with its secular norms - is founded on the idea of a promise deferred to the future. This title presents examples of religion in public life and calls into question the projects of refashioning the aporetic premises of liberalism and secularism.
- Author BiographyAnanda Abeysekara is associate professor of religious studies at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. He is the author of Colors of the Robe: Religion, Identity, and Difference, which won the American Academy of Religion's award for Best First Book in the History of Religions.
- Author(s)Ananda Abeysekara
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication17/04/2008
- Series TitleInsurrections: Critical Studies in Religion, Politics, and Culture
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.