All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Politics of Social Work provides a major contribution to debates on the politics of social work at the beginning of the 21st century. It locates social work within wider political and theoretical debates and deals with important issues currently facing social workers and the organisations in which they work.
- Author BiographyFred Powell, B.Sc(Soc), M.A., M.Soc.Sc., Ph.D, has been Professor of Social Policy and Head of the School of Applied Social Studies at University College, Cork, since 1990. In 2008 he was appointed Dean of Social Science at UCC. Born in Dublin, he holds degrees from Trinity College, Dublin, the University of Edinburgh and University College Dublin. Previously he lectured at the University of Ulster. He has been an Instructor on the Extension Programme of the University of California, San Diego, and has lectured in the UK, Italy, Portugal and France. He is chair of the Board of the M.Plan in UCC, Principal Investigator and Chair of the PRTLI4-funded Institute for Social Sciences in the 21st Century (ISS21) at UCC and has recently been appointed Chair of the MBS in Asian Business, a joint venture between UCC, NTU Singapore and the Farmleigh Fellowship.
- Author(s)Fred Powell
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2001
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleSage Politics Texts Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight283 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.