All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes the issues surrounding divorce and its implications for public policy. The authors integrate research and policy perspectives of scholars to focus on the consequences of divorce for children, the parents' responsiblities after divorce, nonresidential parenting, and the effects of a high divorce rate in society.
- Author BiographyPaul Amato (Ph.D., 1983, Social Psychology, James Cook University, Australia) is the Arnold and Bette Hoffman Professor of Family Sociology and Demography at The Pennsylvania State University. His research and teaching interests include marital quality, causes and consequences of divorce, parent-child relationships over the life course, and psychological distress and well-being. He is a four-time winner of the National Council on Family Relations Reuben Hill Award for best published article, and has won many other awards and distinctions, such as the 2008 NCFR Ernest Burgess Award for outstanding scholarly and career achievement, the Distinguished Career Award from the American Sociological Association Section on Sociology of the Family, and the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts Stanley Cohen Distinguished Research Award. He conducted research in India under a Fulbright Fellowship, and is the author of 129 journal articles and book chapters on marriage and divorce and such books as Alone Together: How Marriage in America is Changing (Harvard University Press, 2007), The Postdivorce Family (SAGE 1999), and A Generation at Risk: Growing Up in an Era of Family Upheaval (Harvard University Press, 1997). In addition, he has served as Deputy Editor of the Journal of Marriage and Family and as an Editorial Board member for eight journals on sociology, family, and personal relationships.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight369 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byPaul Richard Amato,Ross A. Thompson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £7.65Trending at £7.92
- £9.85Trending at £11.86
- £5.02Trending at £6.52
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
- £6.52Trending at £7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.