All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombining a data analysis approach with the power of technology, innovative pedagogy, and a number of new features, The Practice of Statistics is an impressively effective text for learning statistics. The fifth edition has been updated to incorporate Learning Objectives in each section and link them to chapter reviews.
- Author BiographyDaren S. Starnes is Master Teacher in Mathematics at the Lawrenceville School near Princeton, New Jersey, USA. He earned his M.A. in Mathematics from the University of Michigan. In 1997, he received a GTE GIFT Grant to integrate AP Statistics and AP Environmental Science. He was named a Tandy Technology Scholar in 1999. Daren has led numerous one-day and weeklong AP Statistics institutes for new and experienced AP teachers, and he has been a reader, table leader, and question leader for the AP Statistics exam. In 2001-2002, he served as coeditor of the Technology Tips column in the NCTM journal The Mathematics Teacher. In January 2004, Daren was appointed to a three-year term as a member of the ASA/NCTM Joint Committee on the Curriculum in Statistics and Probability. More recently, he served as Chair of the Western Regional Council of the College Board. Daren is also co-author of Statistics Through Applications, a popular textbook for non-AP high school statistics. Daniel S. Yates has taught Advanced Placement Statistics in the Electronic Classroom (a distance learning facility) affiliated with Henrico County Public Schools in Richmond, Virginia, USA. Prior to high school teaching, he was on the mathematics faculty at Virginia Tech and Randolph-Macon College. He has a Ph.D. in Mathematics Education from Florida State University. He has served as President of the Greater Richmond Council of Teachers of Mathematics and Viriginia Council of Teachers of Mathematics. Named a Tandy Technology Scholar in 1997, Dan is a 2000 recipient of the College Board/Siemens Foundation Advanced Placement Teaching Award. Although recently retired from classroom teaching, he stays in step with trends in teaching by frequently conducting College Board workshops for new and experienced AP Statistics teachers and by monitoring and participating in the AP Statistics electronic discussion group. Dan is co-author of Statistics Through Applications, a popular textbook for non-AP Statistics classes. David S. Moore is Shanti S. Gupta Distinguished Professor of Statistics, Emeritus, at Purdue University, USA and was 1998 president of the American Statistical Association. He received his A.B. from Princeton and his Ph.D. from Cornell, both in mathematics. He has written many research papers in statistical theory and served on the editorial boards of several major journals. Professor Moore is an elected fellow of the American Statistical Association and of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics and an elected member of the International Statistical Institute. He has served as program director for statistics and probability at the National Science Foundation. In recent years, Professor Moore has devoted his attention to the teaching of statistics. He was the content developer for the Annenberg/Corporation for Public Broadcasting college-level telecourse Against All Odds: Inside Statistics and for the series of video modules Statistics: Decisions through Data, intended to aid the teaching of statistics in schools. He is the author of influential articles on statistics education and of several leading texts. Professor Moore has served as president of the International Association for Statistical Education and has received the Mathematical Association of America's national award for distinguished college or university teaching of mathematics.
- Author(s)Dan Yates,Daren S. Starnes,David S. Moore,Josh Tabor
- PublisherW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication11/03/2014
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Weight2241 g
- Width222 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.78Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.