All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together historians, political scientists, and sociologists, this book demonstrates the political relevance of first ladies throughout US history and the dramatic expansion of their power during the twentieth century. It includes chapters on the first ladyship of Laura Bush and on the public perceptions of Laura Bush and Hillary Clinton.
- Author BiographyRobert P. Watson is an associate professor of political science at Florida Atlantic University. His previous books include The Presidents' Wives: Reassessing the Office of First Lady and the encyclopedia American First Ladies. Anthony J. Eksterowicz is a professor of political science at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. His books include American Democracy: Representation, Participation, and the Future of the Republic and The President and Foreign Policy: Chief Architect or General Contractor.
- PublisherUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationSouth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Content Note12 illustrations
- Weight599 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byAnthony J. Eksterowicz,Robert P. Watson
- Foreword byMelanne Verveer
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.89Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.