CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.22
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £24.98Trending at £25.48
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £27.75Trending at £48.19
- £10.46Trending at £14.24
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe Third Edition of The Prokaryotes, acclaimed as a classic in its field, offers new and updated articles by worldwide experts on taxa of relevance to medicine, ecology and industry. Now includes colour illustration throughout, and a searchable online edition.
- Author BiographyMartin Dworkin: Emeritus Professor of Microbiology, University of Minnesota, USA Major research area: Developmental Biology and Social Behavior of Myxococcus xanthus Selected awards and honors: John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship; Fellow of the American Academy of Microbiology; Sackler Scholar, Tel Aviv University; Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences; Roger Porter Award for Microbial Diversity- American Society for Microbiology Stanley Falkow: Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at Stanford University School of Medicine, USA; Former Assistant Chief of the Department of Bacterial Immunology at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research Selected awards and honors: Member of the National Academy of Sciences; President of the American Society for Microbiology from July 1997 through June 1998; Robert Koch Award from German Government; Abbott Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Society of Microbiology; Several honorary doctorates in Europe and the US Eugene Rosenberg: Professor of Microbiology at Tel Aviv University, Israel; Associate Professor at the Department of Bacteriology & Institute of Molecular Biology, University of California at Los Angeles (1967-1970); Member of the Israel Committee for Emerging Diseases Selected awards and honors: Guggenheim Fellow and Visiting Professor MIT Cambridge, Massachusetts; Pan Lab Award, Society of Industrial Microbiology, San Diego Karl-Heinz Schleifer: Professor and Head of the Department of Microbiology, Technical University of Munich, Germany Awards and Honors: Full Member of Bergey's Manual Trust; President of the International Union of Microbiological Societies; Korber Award for European Scientific Research; Award of the Society of Hygiene and Environmental Medicine; Ferdinand-Cohn-Medal Erko Stackebrandt: Professor of Microbiology at the Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany, and Director of the German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures GmbH, Braunschweig, Germany; Professor of Microbiology Department, University of Kiel, Germany (1984-1990); Professor of Microbiology and Department Head at The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia (1990-1993) Selected awards and honors: Associate Member of Bergey's Manual Trust (1990-1997); Bergey's Award
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/09/2006
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight3016 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine71 mm
- Volume editorErko Stackebrandt,Eugene Rosenberg,Karl-Heinz Schleifer,Stanley Falkow
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.