All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart autobiography, part casebook,but wholly the story of one man's fight for justice from both ends of the legal system. This book consists of real life accounts of well-known figures in the local legal and crime scene.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1945, Glenn Knight first joined the Singapore Legal Service in 1970 and rose through the ranks to become deputy public prosecutor in 1978. There he handled many infamous trials and gained a reputation for being a law enforcer who prosecuted criminals without fear or favour. His ability and integrity impressed the late David Marshall so much that he offered to Knight a full partnership in his law firm, which Knight declined. Knight later became the first Director of the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD) of Singapore but lost the post in 1991 after being convicted of corruption in a much-publicised trial. In 1998, he was again tried and convicted for misappropriating money while in office. Nevertheless, he was reinstated as a lawyer in 2007, making him one of only six lawyers to be reinstated in the Law Society of Singapore's 35-year history.
- Author(s)Glenn Knight
- PublisherMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.82Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.