All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.82Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
About this product
- Author(s)William A. Sikes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2014
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, 21 black & white halftones, 4 colour illustrations, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: Picasso and Jung in Historical Context 1. The Origins and Principles of Jungian Psychology 2. Myth and Archetype in Picasso's Childhood and Early Art 3. The Birth of the Hero 4. Les Demoiselles d'Avignon as an Image of Katabasis 5. The Katalysis as Indicated in Three Women 6. The Struggle to Integrate Ego and Unconscious 7. The Cubist Achievement of Integrative Form. Notes. Bibliography. Index.
- Author BiographyWilliam A. Sikes studied at Harvard and the University of Chicago before receiving his doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania. He has spent more than thirty years studying symbols, with a particular focus on religion and the arts. Dr. Sikes has taught at St. Joseph's University and the University of Pennsylvania and is a practicing artist.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.