All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a review of empirical investigations into the bases of belief in paranormal phenomena. This book discusses the concept of paranormality, and examines four main theoretical approaches to the nature of paranormal belief. It is suitable for professional researchers, clinical psychologists and counsellors.
- Author BiographyDr Harvey J Irwin has an international reputation in research on the psychology of paranormal beliefs and parapsychological experiences. His other publications include over a hundred papers in academic journals and three books, including the highly praised and widely used text An Introduction to Parapsychology. Dr Irwin was a member of the School of Psychology in the University of New England, Australia for over 30 years, teaching a variety of courses from parapsychology to psychopathology, and serving as Head of the School for some years. Since his recent formal retirement from academia he has remained active in research and remains an Honorary Research Fellow in his former university. In 2002 the Parapsychological Association accorded Dr Irwin its Outstanding Research Contribution Award in recognition of his empirical and theoretical work in parapsychology over 25 years.
- Author(s)Harvey J. Irwin
- PublisherUniversity of Hertfordshire Press
- Date of Publication06/07/2009
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationHertford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Hertfordshire Press
- Weight386 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.61Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.