All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the tension and the challenges raised by the interaction of history with the domains of public life, including politics, the law, and the media. This book focuses on situations where a social compact has been reshaped based on the revaluation of historical wounds such as those inflicted in South African apartheid and in the Holocaust.
- Author BiographyBain Attwood is Associate Professor of History at Monash University. Dipesh Chakrabarty is Lawrence A. Kimpton Distinguished Professor of History and South Asian Languages and Civilizations at the University of Chicago. Claudio Lomnitz is William H. Rainsford Professor of Anthropology and Director for the Center for the Study of Ethnicity and Race at Columbia University. He is also editor of Public Culture.
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication20/02/2008
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Weight331 g
- Width179 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Pagination172 pp
- Edited byBain Attwood,Claudio Lomnitz,Dipesh Chakrabarty
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.26Trending at £26.69
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.07Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.38
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.