All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis ground-breaking study by two internationally renowned scholars in theatre history addresses such fundamental questions such as: who published plays? What was the cost of publication, the risk, and the potential profit? What did single plays cost, and what did play collections cost?
- Author BiographyJudith Milhous is Lucille Lortel Distinguished Professor Emerita in Theatre at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. Her many publications include the two-volume co-authored history Italian Opera in Late Eighteenth-Century London. Robert D. Hume is Evan Pugh Professor of English Literature at Penn State University. He is the author and editor of many works on English theatre and opera, including most recently the first scholarly edition of the Plays, Poems, and Miscellaneous Writings Associated with George Villiers, Second Duke of Buckingham.
- Author(s)Judith Milhous,Robert D. Hume
- PublisherThe British Library Publishing Division
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe British Library Publishing Division
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1012 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £8.90Trending at £9.46
- £8.77Trending at £9.02
- £12.73Trending at £13.76
- £3.20Trending at £4.57
- £6.36Trending at £6.92
- £7.65Trending at £8.58
- £4.99Trending at £5.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.