All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrated with photographs of performances chosen by RSC Directors, tis title features on-page notes which explain words and phrases unfamiliar to a modern audience. It is suitable for undergraduates or A-level students of Literature or Drama; lecturers or teachers of Literature or Drama.
- Author BiographyJONATHAN BATE is Professor of Shakespeare and Renaissance Literature, University of Warwick, UK. He has held visiting posts at Harvard, Yale and UCLA and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature, a Fellow of the British Academy, an Honorary Fellow of St Catherine's College, Cambridge, and a Governor and Board member of the Royal Shakespeare Company. A prominent critic, award-winning biographer and broadcaster, he is the author of several books on Shakespeare, including The Genius of Shakespeare (Picador), which was praised by Sir Peter Hall, founder of the RSC, as the best modern book on Shakespeare. In June 2006 he was awarded a CBE by HM The Queen 'for services to Higher Education'. ERIC RASMUSSEN is Professor of English at the University of Nevada, USA. He is co-editor of the Norton Anthology of English Renaissance Drama and has edited volumes in both the Arden Shakespeare and Oxford World's Classics series. He is the General Textual Editor of the Internet Shakespeare Editions project - one of the most visited Shakespeare websites in the world. For over nine years he has written the annual review of editions and textual studies for the Shakespeare Survey.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication19/04/2007
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note16pp black & white plate section
- Weight2647 g
- Width186 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine78 mm
- Edited byEric Rasmussen,Jonathan Bate
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £10.11Trending at £11.99
- £9.19Trending at £9.46
- £6.27Trending at £7.72
- £8.77Trending at £9.28
- £7.79Trending at £8.17
- £7.26Trending at £8.10
- £6.95Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.