All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBehaviour Driven Development (BDD) is about writing software that matters. It is an approach to agile software development that takes cues from Test Driven Development, Domain Driven Design, and Acceptance Test Driven Planning. This book introduces you to RSpec, Cucumber, and a number of other tools that make up the Ruby BDD family.
- Author BiographyDavid Chelimsky is the lead developer/maintainer of RSpec. He has been developing software for nearly a decade, and exploring TDD for over five of those years. After three years training and mentoring agile teams at Object Mentor, David currently leads the software development team at Articulated Man, a Chicago based, interactive design firm. In his spare time, David likes to play guitar, travel, and speak something resembling Portuguese. Dave Astels is a Software Engineer at Google and has been involved with software and computing for over 25 years, recently having spent several years working exclusively with Ruby and Rails. Dave wrote the article that prompted Steven Baker to start the RSpec project. Bryan Helmkamp is the lead maintainer of Webrat, a library to implement acceptance testing of a Ruby web application in a more expressive and maintainable way. Following three years of Ruby on Rails consulting, Bryan is now a software engineer at Weplay, a New York City-based startup building online tools for the youth sports community. Dan North works with technology consultancy ThoughtWorks where he delivers software, coaches development teams, and hangs out at conferences. In 2003 and 2004 he developed the idea of Behaviour Driven Development and delights in the community that has grown up around RSpec and the enthusiasm and dedication of their core contributors. Zach Dennis is a lead developer and co-founder of Mutually Human Software, a Grand Rapids, MI based web development consultancy. He has been enjoying Ruby for nearly 7 years and has contributed to several projects such as Ruby's standard library documentation, Ruby on Rails, and RSpec. In his spare time, Zach loves spending time with his wife, reading, listening to music, and running continuousthinking.com. Aslak Hellesoy is the Chief Scientist of BEKK Consulting, a Norwegian business and technology consulting firm. In 2003, after seven years of Java programming, he fell in love with Ruby. He has contributed to dozens of open source projects and is the founder of the Cucumber project. Aslak likes to cook, ski, and travel.
- Author(s)Aslak Hellesoy,Bryan Helmkap,Dan North,David Astels,David Chelimsky,Zach Dennis
- PublisherThe Pragmatic Programmers
- Date of Publication14/01/2011
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationRaleigh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Pragmatic Programmers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £14.78Trending at £15.12
- £22.99Trending at £25.58
- £14.64Trending at £17.08
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £7.99Trending at £15.72
- £21.69Trending at £22.87
- £20.67Trending at £26.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.