All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the way in which media experiments in Quebec, Newfoundland, the Faroe Islands, and the Irish-Gaelic-speaking communities of Ireland use film, video, and television to advocate for marginalised communities and often for 'smaller languages'.
- Author BiographyJerry White is Canada Research Chair in European Studies at Dalhousie University. He is the author of The Radio Eye: Cinema in the North Atlantic, 1958-1988 and Of This Place and Elsewhere: The Films and Photography of Peter Mettler, editor of The Cinema of Canada, and co-editor of North of Everything: English-Canadian Cinema since 1980.
- Author(s)Jerry White
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication17/11/2009
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content Noteb/w maps & illus
- Weight550 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.