All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough engaging narratives of illness, medical work, and nursing in which people choose to act in ways that affirm their humanity, this book depicts the transformation of demoralized medicine into caring relationships through generosity - generosity towards both others and oneself. It demonstrates how generosity is renewed through dialogue.
- Author BiographyArthur W. Frank is professor of sociology at the University of Calgary. He is the author of At the Will of the Body: Reflections on Illness and The Wounded Storyteller, the latter published by the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Arthur W. Frank
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication18/10/2005
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight232 g
- Width175 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £8.34Trending at £10.32
- £14.08Trending at £18.99
- £10.67Trending at £11.26
- £6.92Trending at £7.31
- £8.85Trending at £8.99
- £7.76Trending at £8.06
- £16.63Trending at £17.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.