All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Rodolfo Paoletti
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/10/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1009 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1967
- Table Of ContentsMethodology.- Application of a Mathematical Model to the Study of RES Phagocytosis in Mice.- The Use of Radioiodinated Latex Particles for In Vivo Studies of Phagocytosis.- Interaction of Charged Colloids with the RES.- The Potential Use of Glutaraldehyde-Fixed Liver Cells in the Study of Hepatic Reticuloendothelial and Parenchymal Cell Metabolism.- The Function of the Reticuloendothelial System Studied with Isolated Perfused Rat Livers.- Reticuloendothelial Excretion Via the Bronchial Tree.- Kinetics of the Phagocytosis of Repeated Injections of Colloidal Carbon: Blockade, A Latent Period or Stimulation? A Question of Timing and Dose.- Morphology.- Comparative Morphology of Macrophages in Tissue Culture.- Fine Structural Aspects of Reticuloendothelial Blockade.- The Cellular Basis of RE Stimulation: The Effects on Peritoneal Cells of Stimulation with Glyceryl Trioleate, Studied by EM and Autoradiography.- Cytodynamics of Rat Lung in Response to Freud's Adjuvant.- Esterase Histochemistry of Reticuloendothelial Cells.- Comparative Cytology of Alveolar and Peritoneal Macrophages from Germfree Rats.- Factors Influencing and Regulating Activity.- The Role of the Environment in Determining the Discriminatory Activity of the Human Phagocytic Cell.- Some Effects of Divalent Cations on In Vitro Phagocytosis.- The Engulfing Potential of Peritoneal Phagocytes of Conventional and Germfree Mice.- Pharmacological Stimulation and Depression of the Phagocytic Function of the RES.- The Action of Some Natural Substances on RES.- Effect of Bacillus Calmette Guerin on the Metabolism of Alveolar Macrophages.- Reticuloendothelial System Stimulation by Estrogens and Thorium Dioxide Retention in Rat Liver.- The Effects of Steroid Hormones on Local and General Reticuloendothelial Activity: Relation of Steroid Structure to Function.- Involvement in Host Defense; Endotoxin and Cardiovascular Shock, Infection, and Immune Reactions.- The Quantitative Response of the Host Defense System after Stimulation.- The Dissimilar Effects of Two RES Stimulants on Shock.- Comparative Effect of Endotoxin and Reticuloendothelial Blocking Colloids on Selected Inducible Liver Enzymes.- On the Nature of Some Nonspecific Host Responses in Endotoxin-Induced Resistance to Infection.- The Effect of Opsonized Colloids on the Enhancement of Endotoxin Lethality.- The Effect of a Reticuloendothelial-Depressing Substance on Survival from Shock.- Effect of Dextrans on Bacterial Infections in Mice.- Prevention and Treatment of Friend Leukemia Virus (FLV) Infection by Interferon-Inducing Synthetic Polyanions.- Immunoglobulin Synthesis in the Rat.- Modifications of Antibody Synthesis by Chloramphenicol.- Arthritis - An Example of Inflammation Based on Particles.- A Major Fault in Diabetic Inflammation: Failure of Leucocytic Glycogen Transfer to Histiocytes.- Role in Lipid Metabolism and Atherosclerosis.- Participation of Hepatic Parenchymal and Kupffer Cells in Chylomicron and Cholesterol Metabolism.- Importance of the Aging in the Relationships between the Reticuloendothelial System and Cholesterol Transport.- Arteriopathy Induced by Reticuloendothelial Blockade.- A Form of Immunological Atherosclerosis.- Synthetic Cholesterol-Ester Antigens in Experimental Atherosclerosis.- Atherosclerosis Induced Experimentally by Repeated Intravenous Administration of Hypercholesterolemic Serum and of Lipoproteins.- Experimental Arteriopathy Induced in the Rabbit Through Rat Aorta Homogenate Injections: A Study of the Aortic Tissue Specificity.- Enzymatic Activity of the Serum and the Aortic Wall in Animals Immunized by Homologous and Heterologous Aortic Extracts.- Phagocytosis of Platelets by Monocytes in Organizing Arterial Thrombi.- Platelets, Atherosclerosis, and Lipid Metabolism.- Plasma Clearance of Products of Fibrinolysis.- Author Index.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.