All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollows the love affairs of six young people and their intertwined adorations. This title features Archibald Early, a once-famous actor, his housekeeper and his grandson Ted.
- Author BiographyStella Gibbons was born in London in 1902. She went to the North London Collegiate School and studied journalism at University College, London. She then worked for ten years on various papers, including the Evening Standard. Stella Gibbons is the author of twenty-five novels, three volumes of short-stories, and four volumes of poetry. Her first publication was a book of poems The Mountain Beast (1930) and her first novel Cold Comfort Farm (1932) won the Femina Vie Heuruse Prize for 1933. Amongst her works are Christmas at Cold Comfort Farm (1940) Westwood (1946), Conference at Cold Comfort Farm (1959) and Starlight (1967). She was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature in 1950. In 1933 she married the actor and singer Allan Webb. They had one daughter. Stella Gibbons died in 1989.
- Author(s)Stella Gibbons
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVintage Classics
- Weight220 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.84Trending at £6.80
- £6.88Trending at £6.98
- £7.61Trending at £7.89
- £6.21Trending at £6.90
- £10.35Trending at £11.03
- £15.92Trending at £16.16
- £12.38Trending at £13.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.