All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text provides an overview of the main themes surrounding the history of slavery spanning the last two millennia. Taking stock of the field of slave studies, it concentrates on the major advances in the field over the past decades in which the study of slavery has become so prominent.
- Author BiographyGad Heuman is Professor of History and has served as Director of the Centre for Caribbean Studies at the University of Warwick. He is the author of Between Black and White (1981), The Killing Time (1994) and The Caribbean (2006). He is the editor of the journal, Slavery & Abolition. Trevor Burnard is Professor of American History at the University of Warwick. He specialises in the history of plantation societies and slavery in the Americas and is the author of Mastery, Tyranny, and Desire: Thomas Thistlewood and his Slaves in the Anglo-Jamaican World (2004).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Histories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight748 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byGad J. Heuman,Trevor Burnard
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.94Trending at £12.40
- £24.05Trending at £34.95
- £12.93Trending at £13.48
- £14.59Trending at £16.56
- £8.77Trending at £11.54
- £11.33Trending at £14.88
- £7.29Trending at £8.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.