All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNathaniel Hawthorne's greatest romance, The Scarlet Letter , is often simplistically seen as a timeless tale of desire, sin, and redemption. This work argues that The Scarlet Letter is a serious historical novel.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Colacurcio is Distinguished Professor of English at the University of California, Los Angeles, and the author of several books, including The Province of Piety: Moral History in Hawthorne's Early Tales and Godly Letters: The Literature of the American Puritans.
- Author(s)Nathaniel Hawthorne
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication20/11/2009
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe John Harvard Library
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Belknap Press
- Weight304 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Introduction byMichael J. Colacurcio
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.44Trending at £5.09
- £12.99Trending at £23.21
- £9.80Trending at £14.13
- £7.28Trending at £7.63
- £7.99Trending at £11.07
- £11.90Trending at £12.08
- £6.90Trending at £8.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.