All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTracing the background to the Treaty of Union of 1707, this book explains why it happened and assesses its impact on Scottish society, including the bitter struggle with the Jacobites for acceptance of the union in the two decades that followed its inauguration. It challenges dominant view that the Scots were 'bought and sold for English gold'.
- Author BiographyChristopher A. Whatley is Professor of Scottish History and Head of the College of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Dundee.
- Author(s)Christopher A. Whatley
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.09
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £14.94Trending at £18.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.65
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.