All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £9.01Trending at £12.99
- £8.87Trending at £9.89
- £6.03Trending at £6.18
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.93Trending at £25.79
- £11.71Trending at £12.77
- £21.48Trending at £29.03
About this product
- DescriptionThe chapters in this volume, each written by a leading scholar of the period, analyse in turn the response to the Union of 1603, the religious controversies under the early Stuarts, the Civil War, Commonwealth, and Restoration periods, and the social and economic context within which these developments took place.
- Author BiographyJenny Wormald is an Honorary Fellow in Scottish History at the University of Edinburgh. She was previously a Lecturer in Modern History at the University of Oxford and a Fellow of St Hilda's College. Her publications include Mary, Queen of Scots (Tauris Parke 2000), Court, Kirk and Community (Edinburgh University Press, 1991) and her volume on The Seventeenth Century in the Hutchinson History of Britain Series is forthcoming.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/05/2008
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleShort Oxford History of the British Isles
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note7 halftones, 3 maps
- Weight509 g
- Width144 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJenny Wormald
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.