All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)David S. Katz
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication24/09/2016
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight514 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: Bag and Baggage.- 1. Edward Gibbon's Eastern Question, 1776-1788.- 2. Lord Byron, Turkophile, and his Grand Tour to the East, 1809-1811.- 3. Disraeli's Eastern Career, 1830-1854.- 4. Disraeli, the Bulgarian Horrors, and the Reorientation of the Ottoman Empire, 1854-1880.- 5. Greenmantle at the Ministry of Information: John Buchan, the First World War and the Turks.- 6. Arnold Toynbee on the Quai at Smyrna, 1921-2.- 7. Ernest Hemingway on the Quai at Smyrna, 1921-2.- Conclusion: Turkey-in-Europe; Turkey-in-Asia; Turkey-in-Britain.
- Author BiographyDavid S. Katz is Director of the Lessing Institute for European History and Civilization at Tel Aviv University, Israel where he has taught since 1978. He also holds the Abraham Horodisch Chair for the History of Books.
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.07Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.