About this product
- DescriptionThis work charts the author's journey in the footsteps of her great-great grandfather, Charles Heavitree Todd, the man who strung the telegraph across Australia. It brings together a mix of family history and exploration with a young couple's trek, as they follow the same line 150 years later.
- Author BiographyAlice Thomson is Associate Editor, columnist and interviewer for the Daily Telegraph. Born in 1967, she was educated at Bristol and worked previously for The Times. She is also restaurant critic for the Spectator. She was called after her great-great grandmother Alice Todd, for whom Alice Springs was named in 1871.
- Author(s)Alice Thomson
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/07/2000
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations facsimiles, maps, portraits
- Weight235 g
- Width129 mm
- Height199 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.