All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a detailed account of loneliness and social isolation as experienced by older people living in Britain.
- Author BiographyChristina Victor is Professor in the School of Health and Social Care at the University of Reading, UK. She has edited two books for Open University Press; Critical Approaches to Ageing and Later Life (1997) and Researching Ageing and Later Life (2002). Sasha Scambler is Lecturer in Sociology at Kings College London Dental Institute. Her interests include the sociology of chronic illness and disability, social theory and the sociology of later life. John Bond is Professor of Social Gerontology and Health Services Research and Deputy Director of the Institute of Health and Society and a member of the Institute for Ageing and Health, based at Newcastle University, UK. He is co-author of Quality of Life and Older People (Open University Press, 2004).
- Author(s)Ann Bowling,Christina R. Victor,John Bond,Sasha Scambler
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight400 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £10.25Trending at £11.22
- £12.36Trending at £12.62
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £23.94Trending at £24.01
- £30.34Trending at £30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.