All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis important resource is an update of the best-selling book The Special Educator's Resource Guide to 109 Diagnostic Tests. The greatly expanded second edition contains 301 new and enhanced tests, which are vital to understanding assessment in special education.
- Author BiographyRoger Pierangelo is the co-Executive Director of the National Association of Special Education Teachers, vice president of the National Association of Parents with Children in Special Education, and co-executive director of American Academy of Special Education Professionals. He is a full-time associate professor in the Department of Special Education and Literacy at Long Island University. He has been an administrator of special education programs, served for eighteen years as a permanent member of committees on special education, has over thirty years of experience in the public school system as a regular education classroom teacher and school psychologist, and is a consultant to numerous private and public schools, the Parent-Teacher Association, and Special Education Parent-Teacher Association groups. He has also been an evaluator for the New York State Office of Vocational and Rehabilitative Services and a director of a private clinic. He is a New York State licensed clinical psychologist, certified school psychologist, Diplomate Fellow in Forensic Psychology, and a Diplomate Fellow in Child and Adolescent Psychology. Dr. Pierangelo earned his B.S. from St. John's University, M.S. from Queens College, Professional Diploma from Queens College, Ph.D. from Yeshiva University, and Diplomate Fellow in Forensic Psychology from the International College of Professional Psychology. He is a member of the American Psychological Association, New York State Psychological Association, Nassau County Psychological Association, New York State Union of Teachers, and Phi Delta Kappa. George Giuliani is the co-Executive Director of the American Academy of Special Education Professionals, National Association of Special Education Teachers, and president of the National Association of Parents with Children in Special Education. He is a full-time associate professor at Hofstra University's School of Education and Allied Human Services in the Department of Counseling, Research, Special Education, and Rehabilitation as the director of the special education program at the graduate school. He earned his B.A. from the College of the Holy Cross, M.S. from St. John's University, J.D. from City University Law School, and Psy.D. from Rutgers University, the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, and is a Diplomate Fellow in Forensic Psychology and a Diplomate Fellow in Child and Adolescent Psychology. Dr. Giuliani is also a New York State licensed psychologist and certified school psychologist, and he has an extensive private practice focusing on children with special needs. He is a member of the American Psychological Association, New York State Psychological Association, the National Association of School Psychologists, Suffolk County Psychological Association, Psi Chi, and the Council for Exceptional Children. Dr. Giuliani has been involved in early intervention for children with special needs and is a consultant for school districts and early childhood agencies. He has provided numerous workshops for parents and teachers on a variety of psychological and educational topics. Dr. Roger Pierangelo is the author of The Special Educator's Survival Guide, The Special Educator's Book of Lists, and 301 Ways to Be a Loving Parent; and coauthor with Dr. George Giuliani of Special Educator's Complete Guide to 109 Diagnostic Tests; Assessment in Special Education: A Practical Approach; Transition Services in Special Education: A Practical Approach; Learning Disabilities: A Practical Approach to Foundations, Diagnosis, Assessment, and Teaching; Why Your Students Do What They Do-and What to Do When They Do It-Grades K-5; Why Your Students Do What They Do-and What to Do When They Do It-Grades 6-12; Creating Confident Children in the Classroom: The Use of Positive Restructuring, and What Every Teacher Should Know About Students with Special Needs; and The Big Book of Special Education Resources.
- Author(s)George Giuliani,Roger Pierangelo
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication22/09/2006
- FormatSpiral bound
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight1420 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £10.88Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.