All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEuropean Studies in Lifelong Learning and Adult Learning Research
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight310 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byJr,Michal Bron,Paula Guimaraes
- Edition Statement1st New edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Paula Guimaraes/Michal Bron Jr/Rui Vieira de Castro: On the complexity of relationships between the State, civil society and the citizen within adult education - Jim Crowther/Ian Martin: Civil society and the State. Some implications for adult education - Carlos V. Estevao: Cosmopoliticity and adult education in the era of globalization - Manuel Barbosa: Education, citizenship and civil society. New meanings and new articulations - Andreas Fejes: Active democratic citizenship and lifelong learning. A governmentality analysis - Judith Walker: The needy and competent citizen in OECD educational policy documents - Paula Guimaraes: Changes in public policies in Portugal. Adult education and training courses - Pelle Aberg: Co-operating across borders. Adult education and transnational civil society co-operation - Ola Segnestam Larsson: Folkbildning as ideology - Emilio Lucio-Villegas/Antonio Fragoso/Ana Garcia Florindo: Participatory citizenship. Reflections on the participatory budget and adult education - Maria de Lourdes Dionisio/Rui Vieira de Castro: (Re)Defining literacy. New roles of the workplace - Armando Loureiro/Artur Cristovao: The use of the official pedagogical discourse by adult education agents. From reproduction to recontextualisation - Rob Evans: Educational cultures, system change and university professionals in East Germany after 1989.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Michal Bron Jr is Associate Professor at the Sodertorn University, Stockholm (Sweden). He holds a Master's Degree in History and a Ph.D. in Education. His main research interests concern civil society in Russia and Central Europe, female adult educators and society in the 19th Century in Ireland, Poland and Sweden, social and political origins of modern adult education provisions, and Christian-Jewish dialogue (outside the realm of theology). He is a co-founder of ESREA and a member of its Steering Committee. He was recently nominated as the President of the International Society for Comparative Adult Education. He has published widely on themes related to his research interests. Paula Guimaraes is a Ph.D. candidate in Education (Educational Policies). She has been a researcher in the Unit for Adult Education of the University of Minho, Braga (Portugal), since 1992. She is also a member of the Steering Committee of ESREA. Her research interests involve adult education policies in Portugal and in the European Union, non-formal and informal adult education related to which she has been publishing articles in specialised journals and in books. Rui Vieira de Castro is Full Professor in the Institute of Education of the University of Minho, Braga (Portugal). At the Centro de Investigacao em Educacao (Centre for Research in Education) he co-ordinates the research group Literacias, Praticas e Discursos em Contextos Educativos (Literacies. Practices and Discourses in Educational Contexts). His main research interests are language teaching and adolescent and adult literacy. He is currently the Head of the Unit for Adult Education of the University of Minho. He has published widely in the fields of his research interests.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.