All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on Rome's practitioner and theorist of public speech, Cicero. This book shows how Cicero's treatment of the Greek rhetorical tradition's central questions is shaped by his ideal of the republic and the citizen. It is a contribution to the debate over the role of public speech in Roman politics.
- Author BiographyJoy Connolly is assistant professor of classics at New York University. She is the author of Talk about Virtue (forthcoming, Duckworth), a book about Roman political theory.
- Author(s)Joy Connolly
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication16/07/2007
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight599 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.96Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £30.25Trending at £30.96
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £7.50Trending at £8.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.