Best selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £20.90Trending at £22.04
- £6.82Trending at £7.82
- £1.99Trending at £2.41
- £7.66Trending at £8.04
- £4.38Trending at £4.83
- £7.20Trending at £7.37
- £9.80Trending at £10.33
About this product
- DescriptionA collection, introduced that offers an array of fables such as The Wall , A Contest of Ladies , Displaced Persons , Various Temptations , A Saving Grace , A Woman Seldom Found , and The Vertical Ladder.
- Author BiographyWilliam Sansom (1912-1976) was a leading writer of his day, both for fiction and non-fiction. In 1946 and 1947 he was awarded two literary prizes by the Society of Authors, and in 1951 was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature. During the Second World War he became a full-time London firefighter, serving throughout the Blitz. His experiences during this time inspired much of his writing, including The Blitz and many of the short stories in his celebrated collection Fireman Flower. He also appeared as the fireman who plays the piano in Humphrey Jennings's famous film about the Blitz, Fires Were Started.
- Author(s)William Sansom
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.