All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn July 1956 the Egyptian President, Gamal Nasser, nationalized the Suez Canal, causing immediate concern to Britain and France. This work traces the course of subsequent events.
- Author BiographyDerek Varble read Modern History at Oriel College, Oxford, receiving the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in 2000. His thesis analyzed Anglo-American Cold War strategy in the Arabian Peninsula and Persian Gulf. He also has degrees from George Washington University (Master of Arts, 1995) and the United States Air Force Academy (Bachelor of Science, 1992). His research interests include the Presidencies of Dwight Eisenhower, Lyndon Johnson, and Jimmy Carter, and Arab nationalism in the twentieth century. He and his wife Amy live in southern California.
- Author(s)Derek Varble
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication12/03/2003
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleEssential Histories
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.49
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note25 b&w and 25 colour illustrations
- Weight339 g
- Width170 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £14.58Trending at £21.30
- £16.96Trending at £25.00
- £9.85Trending at £10.56
- £16.99Trending at £17.93
- £7.78Trending at £8.30
- £12.34Trending at £13.16
- £12.76Trending at £13.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.