All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSymmetry is a fundamental phenomenon in art, science, and nature that has been captured, described, and analyzed using mathematical concepts for a long time. This title develops a mathematical theory of symmetry that allows the description and classification of symmetries in numerous geometric environments.
- Author BiographyJohn H. Conway is the John von Neumann Chair of Mathematics at Princeton University. He obtained his BA and his PhD from the University of Cambridge (England). He is a prolific mathematician active in the theory of finite groups, knot theory, number theory, combinatorial game theory, and coding theory. He has also contributed to many branches of recreational mathematics, notably the invention of the Game of Life. Heidi Burgiel is a professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Bridgewater State College. She obtained her BS in Mathematics from MIT and her PhD in Mathematics from the University of Washington. Her primary interests are educational technology and discrete geometry. Chaim Goodman-Strauss is a professor in the department of mathematical sciences at the University of Arkansas. He obtained both his BS and PhD in Mathematics at the University of Texas at Austin. His research interests include low-dimensional topology, discrete geometry, differential geometry, the theory of computation, and mathematical illustration. Since 2004 he has been broadcasting mathematics on a weekly radio segment.
- Author(s)Chaim Goodman-Strauss,Heidi Burgiel,Professor John H. Conway
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication18/04/2008
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight1133 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.77Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.95Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.