All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for students and scholars, this title challenges the assumption that skepticism, rather than established belief, lies at the heart of scientific discovery.
- Author BiographyMichael Polanyi (1891-1976) was a Hungarian-British chemist and philosopher, a Fellow of the Royal Society, and a Fellow of Merton College, Oxford. He is the author of many books, including Science, Faith and Society and Personal Knowledge: Towards a Post-Critical Philosophy, both published by the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Michael Polanyi
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication02/06/2009
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Introduction byAmartya K. Sen
Best selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £21.24Trending at £22.78
- £8.29Trending at £9.47
- £8.94Trending at £16.00
- £6.95Trending at £7.98
- £7.34Trending at £8.99
- £7.20Trending at £11.99
- £9.99Trending at £10.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.