All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA dynamic team of authors demonstrates how any classroom teacher can use cooperative learning techniques for lesson planning, classroom management, and improving students' collaboration skills.
- Author BiographyGeorge M. Jacobs has a PhD in Educational Psychology from the University of Hawaii and a master's degree in Linguistics from the University of Illinois-Chicago. He has been teaching courses on cooperative learning since 1988. He has published many articles on the topic and is also a coauthor of Learning Cooperative Learning via Cooperative Learning: A Sourcebook of Lesson Plans for Teacher Education (1997). He is a member of the Executive Board of the International Association for the Study of Cooperation in Education and editor of its newsletter. He also specializes in second-language learning and helped compile an annotated bibliogra-phy of works on group activities in second-language instruction. Contact him at gmjacobs@ pacific.net.sg. Michael A. Power has a PhD in Educational Psychology and a master's degree in English as a Second Language from the University of Hawaii. He is the Director of Instruction and Assessment for the Mercer Island, Washington, school district. He has taught English as a second language in the United States, Japan, and the Republic of Korea, and has, for many years, conducted training throughout the Pacific in instructional strategies for teachers (including cooperative learning). Loh Wan Inn has an EdD in Science Education from the State University of New Jersey and master's degrees in Education (First Honors) and in Arts from Trinity College, University of Dublin. She is a chartered biolo-gist (Institute of Biology, UK). She has lived and worked in the United States, Singapore, Ireland, and Australia. She has taught courses on science, mathematics, science education, environmental education, coop-erative learning, curriculum design, and multiple intelligences. Through her interest in cooperative learning, she has seen it introduced in science by preschool and secondary school teachers as part of their science educa-tion modules. She also designs and trains teachers for camps on multiple intelligences and science. Her previous books include storybooks for young children and books on science and science education. She is also a member of a number of environmental organizations.
- Author(s)George M. Jacobs,Michael P. Power,Wan Inn Loh
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication31/08/2002
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £15.35Trending at £16.95
- £10.26Trending at £11.20
- £10.82Trending at £12.23
- £13.69Trending at £14.53
- £16.34Trending at £17.08
- £12.24Trending at £12.75
- £3.90Trending at £5.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.