All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the corner of a darkened room Joy Stone watches herself. As memories of the deaths of her lover and mother surface unbidden, life for Joy narrows - to negotiating each day, each encounter, each second; to finding the trick to keep living. Told with shattering clarity and wry wit, this is a Scottish classic fit for our time.
- Author BiographyJanice Galloway's first novel, The Trick is to Keep Breathing, now widely regarded as a Scottish contemporary classic, was published in 1990 and won the MIND/Allen Lane Book of the Year. Her second novel, Foreign Parts, won the American Academy of Arts and Letters E. M. Forster Award while her third, Clara, about the tempestuous life of nineteenth-century pianist Clara Wieck Schumann, won the Saltire Award in 2002. Collaborative texts include an opera with Sally Beamish and three cross-discipline works with Anne Bevan, the Orcadian sculptor. Her 'anti-memoir', This Is Not About Me, was published by Granta in September 2008 to universal critical acclaim. She lives in Lanarkshire.
- Author(s)Janice Galloway
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVintage Classics
- Weight195 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £10.99Trending at £11.84
- £7.56Trending at £8.16
- £1.99Trending at £2.46
- £16.26Trending at £23.27
- £2.99Trending at £3.23
- £7.78Trending at £9.66
- £16.26Trending at £20.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.