All listings for this product
Best selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £40.23Trending at £41.45
- £2.80Trending at £4.42
- £11.71Trending at £13.59
- £14.55Trending at £14.91
- £9.99Trending at £10.39
- £8.22Trending at £8.41
- £12.84Trending at £13.70
About this product
- DescriptionEurope is confronted by an intimidating triple challenge: economic stagnation, climate change, and a governance crisis. This book demonstrates how these challenges are inter-related, and discusses how they can be dealt with more effectively in order to arrive at a more economically secure, environmentally sustainable and well governed Europe.
- Author BiographyJan Fagerberg is professor at the University of Oslo, where he is affiliated with the Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, and at Alborg University, where he is at the Department of Business and Management. He also has an affiliation with CIRCLE at Lund University. In his research Fagerberg has among other things focused on the relationship between technology (innovation and diffusion) on the one hand and competitiveness, economic growth and development on the other. He has also worked on innovation theory, innovation systems and innovation policy and has published extensively on these and other topics in books and journals Staffan Laestadius is professor emeritus of Industrial Dynamics at Kungliga Tekniska Hogskolan, KTH (Royal Instutute of Technology) in Stockholm, Sweden. He is also chairing the Senior Advisory Board for Climate Change at the Swedish Think Tank Global Utmaning (Global Challenge). Recently he published a policy analysis on the conditions for combining a climate change mitigation policy with the Swedish welfare system (Laestadius, S., 2013: Klimatet och valfarden, Umea: Borea bokforlag). Ben Martin is Professor of Science and Technology Policy Studies in SPRU, University of Sussex. Between 1996 and 2004, he served as SPRU Director. He is also an Associate Fellow at the Centre for Science and Policy (CSaP), and Senior Visiting Fellow at the Centre for Business Research, Judge Business School, both at the University of Cambridge. His research for the last 35 years has focused on science policy. He helped pioneer techniques for evaluating scientific laboratories, research programmes, and national scientific performance, and for conducting 'technology foresight'. In recent years, he has conducted research on the benefits from government funding of basic research, the changing nature and role of the university, the impact of the UK Research Assessment Exercise, creative knowledge environments, and the evolution of the field of science policy and innovation studies. Since 2004, he has been Editor of Research Policy.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight610 g
- Width171 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byBen R. Martin,Jan Fagerberg,Steffan Laestadius
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.