All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the second edition of The U.S. Congress, Donald A. Ritchie, a congressional historian for more than thirty years, takes readers on a fascinating, behind-the-scenes tour of Capitol Hill, pointing out the key players, explaining their behavior, and translating parliamentary language into plain English.
- Author BiographyDonald A. Ritchie is Historian Emeritus of the U.S. Senate. He worked for the Senate Historical Office for thirty years, where he conducted an oral history program and did historical editing, such as the previously closed hearings of Sen. Joseph R. McCarthy. A former president of the Oral History Association, he has also been a member of the councils of the American Historical Association and the International Oral History Association. His other books include Our Constitution, The Oxford Guide to the United States Government, Press Gallery: Congress and the Washington Correspondents, Reporting from Washington: The History of the Washington Press Corps, and Electing FDR: The New Deal Campaign of 1932.
- Author(s)Donald A. Ritchie
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight132 g
- Width112 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Law
Save on Law
- £9.49Trending at £9.96
- £21.99Trending at £22.93
- £6.25Trending at £7.98
- £16.56Trending at £16.89
- £5.99Trending at £6.29
- £3.99Trending at £5.23
- £40.04Trending at £41.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.