All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith noted experts from communication, public policy, civic engagement, urban planning, and political science, the authors collectively examine the social, economic, and political contexts of the failure to reach the unconnected and the importance of including them in a dynamic, engaged civic democracy.
- Author BiographyPaul M. A. Baker (PhD, George Mason University) is Associate Director at the Center for 21st Century Universities (C21U) at Georgia Institute of Technology and Adjunct Professor at the Centre for Disability Law & Policy at the National University of Ireland, Galway. He has published numerous journal articles dealing with issues of e-accessibility, disability policy, and virtual communities. Jarice Hanson (PhD, Northwestern University) is Professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She is the author, co-author, editor, and co-editor of 24 books and the author of numerous articles about the social impact of digital technology. Jeremy Hunsinger (PhD, Virginia Tech) is Assistant Professor in Communication Studies at Wilfrid Laurier University. He recently co-edited a special issue on learning and research in Virtual Worlds for Learning, Media, & Technology. He co-edited the International Handbook of Virtual Learning Environments and the International Handbook of Internet Research and has edited or contributed to several other volumes.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication14/08/2013
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Series TitleDigital Formations
- Series Part/Volume Number69
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight450 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJanice Hanson,Jeremy Hunsinger,Paul M. A. Baker
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.99
- £4.98Trending at £5.60
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £12.03Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.