All listings for this product
Best selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.70Trending at £10.74
- £6.15Trending at £6.77
- £10.00Trending at £12.47
- £7.49Trending at £8.28
- £7.19Trending at £9.99
- £3.59Trending at £3.75
- £6.54Trending at £6.99
About this product
- DescriptionA portrait of an all but vanished way of Greek mountain life, uninterrupted for thousands of years. This book describes the remote parts of northern Greece and comments on their despoliation.
- Author BiographyTim Salmon is the author of several books about Greece and France, including a cook book and a walker's guide to the mountains of Greece. He was one of the original authors of The Rough Guide to France and The Rough Guide to Paris. For more than thirty years he has contributed to national newspapers and magazines such as The Guardian, The Independent, The Telegraph, The Times, Time Out and Country Life. An indefatigable traveller, Tim's adventures have included trips to the mountains of Tajikistan, walking the length of France (described in On Foot Across France: Dunkerque to the Pyrenees) and making a documentary for Greek TV about transhumant shepherds moving their flocks from the mountains of the north to their winter pastures in the lowlands (which accompanies The Unwritten Places). In 2010, Tim appeared on BBC Radio 4's All In The Mind to talk about schizophrenia, prompting a huge public response. His book, Schizophrenia - Who Cares? - A Father's Story is a moving personal account of life with a son who was diagnosed with schizophrenia in his early twenties.
- Author(s)Tim Salmon
- PublisherBlackbird Digital Books
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackbird Digital Books
- Content Note3 maps
- Weight440 g
- Width228 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.