CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £12.28Trending at £14.50
- £19.99Trending at £27.99
- £29.59Trending at £37.77
- £19.38Trending at £21.16
- £39.18Trending at £59.99
- £7.72Trending at £7.84
- £5.82Trending at £8.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reviews experiences with value-added taxes (VATs) around the world.
- Author BiographyRichard M. Bird is Professor Emeritus, Department of Economics and Adjunct Professor and Co-Director of the International Tax Program at the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada and currently holds appointments as a Fellow at the C. D. Howe Institute and Distinguished Visiting Professor at the Andrew Young School of Public Policy, Georgia State University. He has served in the Fiscal Affairs Department of the International Monetary Fund; been a visiting professor in the United States, the Netherlands, Australia and elsewhere; and been a frequent consultant to the World Bank and other national and international organizations, working in more than 50 countries around the world. He has written and edited dozens of books and hundreds of articles, especially on public finance in developing countries. He was awarded the Daniel M. Holland Medal of the National Tax Association in 2006 for outstanding contributions to the study and practice of public finance. Pierre-Pascal Gendron is Professor of Economics, The Business School, Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, Toronto, Canada. He has served in the federal government of Canada; been a consultant in progressive positions with tax practices of professional services firms in Canada and the Netherlands; and served as consultant on fiscal matters for the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, the US Agency for International Development and the Forum of Federations. As a member of the Expert Roster of the Fiscal Affairs Department of the IMF, he has participated in a number of technical assistance missions on tax policy in Africa and the Middle East since 2007. He has also taught a VAT course at the African Tax Institute, University of Pretoria, South Africa. He has written extensively on public economics, especially in the area of taxation. He regularly speaks on the subject of VAT at conferences and seminars in the Americas, Europe and Africa.
- Author(s)Pierre-Pascal Gendron,Richard Bird
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/02/2011
- GenreFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note26 tables
- Weight410 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.